Blue Smile is a charity dedicated to transforming the mental health and life chances of children across Cambridgeshire.
We are dedicated to:
- heartfelt care and professional excellence
- every child deserves the time and space to be heard
- every child deserves the chance to be mentally and emotionally healthy
To advance our mission, we:
- put children at the centre of what we do
- provide expert, one-to-one, art-based therapy tailored to each child’s needs
- invest in families and whole school communities
- help develop a highly skilled mental healath workforce across the county
Half of all lifetime mental health problems emerge by the age of 14. We know that early intervention and expert support can prevent problems worsening and give children the best possible chance of recovery at a young age, freeing them to enjoy life. Sometimes Blue Smile is called upon to help a child at crisis point, but our aim is to intervene early because when a child is struggling with difficult emotions such as grief, anger, worry or shame, they are not free to play, grow and learn. Our highly skilled therapists also work with parents, carers and school staff to ensure each child is heard, understood and helped towards a brighter future. Our support gives children their childhood back.