- 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience mental health problems during their life.
- Around half of those will have experience symptoms before the age of 14 (this is the future workforce of tomorrow)
- Currently, it is estimated around 1 in 8 children are living with a mental health problem.
Blue Smile works with over 200 children a week in schools, using arts-based therapy to support children aged 3 to 13 in improving and maintaining their mental health.
To continue our work and to reach more children across the county we need to fundraise between £220,000 and £250,000 each year.
We want to build two way relationships. We can:
- help you with fundraising ideas and activities – great for team bonding and fostering positive connections between your business and the community. See our website for ideas www.bluesmile.org.uk
- supply materials for fundraising events eg. Banners, balloons, flyers, T-shirts etc
- publicise your support – through our online and printed materials, social media and press releases (where available)
- provide information to help your staff understand more about mental health and parenting
- offer Lunchtime Learning sessions: for more significant corporate relationships, we can offer short lunchtime sessions that focus on one particular topic such as ‘Wellbeing at Work’ or ‘Parents – How to navigate children’s emotions’. They are delivered in-house and can be very successful in raising awareness and knowledge across the whole organisation.
- offer your staff opportunities to develop their skills through volunteering – good for staff morale and wellbeing
Here are some of the fundraising events that TTP have run over the last year:
- Charity Golf Day
- Staff Auction
- London to Cambridge Bike Ride
- Payday lottery